Individual results may vary.
Learning that you or a loved one has type 1 diabetes can be overwhelming. The first
step is to deal with your feelings. Next, you'll want to know more about what diabetes
means to you and your loved ones. Then comes following your care plan.
NovoLog® Reach, brought to you by Cornerstones4Care®,
We deliver a personalized support plan based on individual needs. So people with
type 1 diabetes, and those who care for them, feel empowered to manage their diabetes
their way. Designed with input from people like you who are dealing with
type 1 diabetes, our program includes:
- Support, tools, and information for people of all ages with type 1 diabetes and
those who care for them
- Inspirational videos, kid-friendly recipes, and more
Check out the links to the left to get started.
For information and support tailored to your needs, join Cornerstones4Care®
Meet your medicine
NovoLog® (insulin aspart [rDNA origin] injection) is safe and effective for use in insulin pumps for children age 2 and older
with type 1 diabetes, as well as adults with type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
Needles are sold separately and may
require a prescription in some states.
Meet your medicine
Get NovoLog® (insulin aspart [rDNA origin] injection) in FlexPen®—a discreet, prefilled, dial-a-dose insulin pen that fits
neatly in your pocket or purse.
Indications and Usage for NovoLog®
What is NovoLog® (insulin aspart [rDNA origin] injection)?
- NovoLog® is a man-made insulin used to control high blood sugar in
adults and children with diabetes mellitus.
Important Safety Information for NovoLog®
Who should not take NovoLog®?
Do not take NovoLog® if:
- your blood sugar is too low (hypoglycemia) or you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
Before taking NovoLog®, tell your health care provider about
all your medical conditions including, if you are:
- pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
- taking new prescription or over-the-counter medicines, including supplements.
Talk to your health care provider about how to manage low blood sugar.
How should I take NovoLog®?
- Read the Instructions for Use and take exactly as directed.
- NovoLog® is fast-acting. Eat a meal within
5 to 10 minutes after taking it.
- Know the type and strength of your insulin. Do not change
your insulin type unless your health care provider tells you to.
- Check your blood sugar levels. Ask your health care provider
what your blood sugar levels should be and when you should check them.
- Do not share needles, insulin pens, or syringes. You may
give or get an infection from another person.
What should I avoid while taking NovoLog®?
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery, until you know how
NovoLog® affects you.
- Do not drink alcohol or use medicines that contain alcohol.
What are the possible side effects of NovoLog®?
Serious side effects can lead to death, including:
Low blood sugar. Some signs and symptoms include:
- anxiety, irritability, mood changes, dizziness, sweating, confusion, and headache.
Your insulin dose may need to change because of:
- weight gain or loss, increased stress, illness, or change in diet or level of physical
Other common side effects may include:
- low potassium in your blood, injection site reactions, itching, rash, serious
whole body allergic reactions, skin thickening or pits at the injection site, weight
gain, and swelling of your hands and feet and if taken with thiazolidinediones (TZDs)
possible heart failure.
Get emergency medical help if you have:
- trouble breathing, shortness of breath, fast heartbeat, swelling of your face, tongue,
or throat, sweating, extreme drowsiness, dizziness, or confusion.
Please click here for Prescribing
NovoLog® is a prescription medication.
Talk to your doctor about the importance of diet and exercise in your treatment
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the
FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch,
or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
If you need assistance with prescription drug costs, help may be available. Visit
or call 1-888-4PPA-NOW.
FlexPen® and NovoLog® are registered trademarks of
Novo Nordisk A/S.